Monday, January 19, 2009

Visiting with Annie Smith, The Podcast Queen

I had the most exciting experience last week. Podcast Queen, Annie Smith, was doing a cross country trip and she sent out a message that she was looking to meet some of her listeners. I just so happen to read her blog and noticed that she was coming through San Antonio, TX. I emailed her and told her I would love to show her my local quilt shop, Creative Sewing Center that is located right up the street from me. I also told Annie that we can play tourist downtown and see the Alamo and the Riverwalk.



We had so much fun talking about everything quilting. She also opened my eyes to looking at my town with "tourist" eyes. So many things she pointed out to me I never bothered to noticed them. I made a promise to myself that I will go back downtown and take the time to enjoy the sights.


Annie told me she loves BBQ so we went to County Line BBQ on the Riverwalk. I wanted her to taste the Smoked Turkey. Annie couldn't believe how moist the meat was. After dinner, we headed off to my quilt shop owner, Dixie from Seven Heaven. Dixie's store is so cute and she has rows and rows of fabric!
Later that night Annie interviewed me for her podcast, Quilting Stash. She should have this up on her website as soon as she returns from her trip. I was thankful that she arrived at her destination safe and sound. Way to go for women power!



Have a creative day,
Tracy Ward & Girls
www.3bgirlsquilts.com

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing with Annie! I enjoyed your interview and it sounds like you have VERY talented daughters!

Dirty Harriet said...

Tracy, I have made one quilt and cut out the blocks for a second. But I am moving too slowly. I was looking at Alex Anderson's site and was caught up by Annie Smith and her cross country journey and then there was Annie and you at the Alamo. Quilters know no strangers. Annie said you were doing a drawing for your original patterns on Feb. 4th. I look forward to that and I will continue reading your blog.

Sewnuts said...

Hi Tracy - loved hearing your podcast with Annie and congrats on your quilt in Quilter's Home - can't wait to get it! My hubby's been to San Antonio a couple times - next time he won't be going without me now that I've seen there's some great quilt shops there - lol! Wish it was closer (I'm in Canada). Continued success in your ventures - Pat

Anonymous said...

HI Tracy
I did see your journal in QH! Nice. I too am an Annie listener and did program 134 'Quilting With Kids', with my son Noah.
I agree with you about having kids involved, but not too push them. Your are a wise woman.
Now I'll look out for your quilt in QH.
Thanks for hosting our podcast roving reporter. I bet it was fun.
Claire in VT

Momgunter said...

Hi Tracy,
I'm an Annie fan as well. I met her last summer in Nauvoo, Illinois. She, my daughter and I talked like old friends after her class on organizing your fabric stash. She's a dear person. I especially liked your reply to your mother about the "picnic" quilt. I've made a couple of quilts which were special to me and now are "well-used". Ah well. It taught me a lesson or two. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Hi - enjoyed Annie's interview with you! I used the link to your blog and enjoy reading it. Sue

Cindy Larson said...

Congrats to you for Quilter's Home! Nice interview with Annie :) Isn't she sweet. Nice blog, too :) Food looks delish! Keep the creative juices flowing :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for taking care of Annie while she was traveling. You are one extremely talented lady and I look forward to seeing what you do in the future! Crazy Daisies is beautiful! I will continue to read your blog, keep up the awesome work!

Anonymous said...

Put my name in that draw! My sister used to live in Dallas. She loved it and I had a great time visiting. Now she lives back in Canada, which makes it easier to visit, but we miss the wonderful quilt shops we found in Texas.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your interview with Annie. I really enjoyed it.

Patti said...

I really enjoyed your interview. Thanks for sharing.

kmsears said...

I heard the interview with you by Annie Smith. Sounds like you have a great shop. I have been to San Antonio but never got to visit quilt shops. Maybe next time. It is great that your girls are involved with your craft. Good luck with your shop and future endeavors.

KatKing said...

It is so great to meet you. I love Annie's blogs because that way I can meet more quilters! I am a beginner and am enjoying getting to know as much as I can and Annie and now you help me do that. I also just picked up Mark's magazine and can't wait to find you in it! Thank you! Kathleen in NC

Anonymous said...

Love the quilt on Mom's bed!

Anonymous said...

Tracy, really enjoyed your pod cast interview with Annie. How impressive to be in Quilter's Home!! Really like how your daughters are involved in our business. I love finding new website from listening to Annie. Best wishes for your ongoing success. Barbara Pindel

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy,

Thanks for taking such great care of Annie and loved hearing your interview. I love that you have your 2 girls help you in all aspects of your quiltiness. I love Annie's podcasts and love meeting new quilting friends through her podcast, I feel as if I know you already.

Cyn in HI

Anonymous said...

I heard Annie's podcast today and enjoyed hearing about you and your girls, thanks for sharing! Debra Bopp

Vicki H said...

I listened to Annie's podcast today and heard her interview with you! I think it's wonderful that your daughters are involved in the creative process! Thanks for your shop recommendation. I'm "up north" in Fort Worth and now need to plan a trip to San Antonio to visit your shops!