Thursday, September 3, 2009

So what did you do with your summer???

I was lucky enough to have the month of July off...no work and no children! So I decided to get a handle on my scrap fabrics. I had fabric on my bed, table and in ziplock bags. I really hate throwing fabric away. If the fabric is at least 2", I use it. So this is what I came up with:



Yes that's right, potholders with ric rac. I placed these in my Etsy shop and they sold right away:-)

Then I started making some wonky log cabins (I really hate to do things the way you're suppose to). My daughter had a bunch of jeans she outgrow so I combined the two together. What do you think? Fashion forward? I got two thumbs up from both girls on the design.

Finally, I had this fat quarter of watermelon seed fabric for about ten years. School was starting soon so I thought about making a pencil holder (I looked at the prices for them in the store and they were $3.95!). This what I came up with:

The Watermelon Pencil Holder came out so great that I made it into a pattern. You can get this pattern for free by going to Grace Full Creations and signing up for free.

Have a creative day,
Tracy & Girls
www.3bgirlsquilts.com

1 comment:

Quiltingranny said...

Love your ideas and what you did with the watermelon fabric. Since you love sewing and crafting, please stop by my blog and join my giveaway for September.
http://quiltingranny.blogspot.com/2009/09/fabric-and-notion-giveaway.html