Monday, September 8, 2008

Playing with Blacks and Whites



I'm a fan of Project Runway and last week's episode featuring Diane von Furstenburg was great for the imagination. The black and white dress of Koto's made me want to set down and craft up something with these colors. The photo to the left is from Style.com Diane von Furstenburg's 2009 Ready To Wear collection. Quilters can you see the quilt pattern? Well I sure did. This inspired me to do a quilt with these colors. I kind of played around with the blocks by twisting and flipping them until I came up with this design.

Of course I have no name for this quilt, but I'm sure it will come to me. By the way, what a great response I got for naming my "African Sunflower" quilt! Thank you all! I will run the names by my partners (daughters) and we will select a name by Friday. Anyway, here is the black and white quilt in works.


Tracy M. Ward

www.3bgirlsquilts.com

No comments: