Friday, September 5, 2008

New Pattern Help







I'm reaching out to the quilt world with some help naming my new pattern. The only thing that comes to mind is African Sunflowers but for some reason I'm not sure this will work. I would like to get other quilters input on what to title this quilt. First of all, this picture does not do the quilt justice. The flower petals are 3-D and can be adjusted.


Ok here is the catch! I'm offering a new copy of Amazingly Simple Star Quilts by Jeanne Stauffer and Sandra L. Hatch as a reward if your pattern name is selected. This book is a hard cover book with amazing star patterns.

So Please feel free to post on this blog with your title suggestions. I hope to select a winner by next friday.

Thanks for your help,

Tracy M. Ward

www.3bgirlsquilts.com

14 comments:

Kim LeClair said...

Tracy

The first thing that comes to my mind, is "You are my sunshine"

If I think of others I will post again.

Kim L.

DeeS said...

Hi Tracy, very pretty quilt, how about 'O Sunnee Day' or 'O Sunny Day' maybe 'o sunny days' I liked your African Sunflower, how about African Sunnyflower? D. Stevens

Cat said...

Since you said the flowers were 3D and could be moved my thought was
Follow the Sun or Following the Sun

Peggy said...

Tracy,
Your flowers are very cute. I really don't mind the Afican Sunflowers, but you want our ideas. So my idea is: "Make Your Own Sunflowers"

Peggy

deequilt said...

I think the new pattern should be called...
Life's lil Flower Garden...
or Flowers for Dreamers..
good luck dee hill
harleybo1@embarqmail.com

Anonymous said...

My first thought was "What sunny flowers!" so how about Sunny Flowers? Or Happy Flowers?

Splinters and Threads said...

"Lean to the Sun"

quiltpati said...

How about "Painted Daisies Rejoice". They look so happy that they seem to dance. But to me they don't look like sunflowers because the center are not in an overpowering proportion to the petals.

gemmit48 said...

How about "Breezy Flowers" (since they move), or even "Easy Breezy Flowers," if that makes sense for the pattern difficulty level?

Lynnie said...

How about Senufo Sunflowers (Senufo is an African Tribe known to be good farmers!)

Tara K said...

I think of "A Dollop of Daisies" When I see that quilt! :)

Tara K - Iowa

Tara K said...

I just thought of another one .. about about "Ladies and Daisies"

Tara K - Iowa

Joanne V said...

How about "Poseable Posies"

Joanne V

Kelly G. said...

The colors and sunflowers always remind me of August, so something about Ausust, August Days or August Sunshine...